The client was a South African based, diversified financial services group with a presence in 12 countries across the continent and around 42,000 employees.
As part of a business separation from the Group, the client had contracted onshore and offshore application support and development services from a major Indian services vendor. This involved the support of over 150 applications by circa 1,000 resources.
One year into the contract, the client was concerned about the quality of the service delivery and the perceived value for money, so we were requested to perform a review.
What we did
The review focused on the following key areas:
- Support and project pricing, invoice comparison and a benchmark exercise
- The vendor’s on and offshore support capability including processes, knowledge management and productivity plans
- The vendor’s on and offshore development capability including SDLC processes, agile approaches and delivery quality
- The overall service model including client capabilities and review of three key projects, of which the output included:
- Recommendations on how the support and development costs could be reduced with supporting evidence
- Recommendations on changing the support model including insourcing key functions
- Recommendations on changing the end to end development project delivery approach to improve quality
- Recommendations on changes required with the current contract
Outcomes & Results
The recommendations were presented and the resultant activities progressed towards achieving the cost savings of more than 50% over a four-year period.